I am a parent with a daughter with a developmental disability. I feel it is my duty to provide her with the best life possible, including planning for her when I can no longer support her. As with many other parents I have set up a Registered Disability Pension Plan (RDSP) and pay into it monthly. I have also set up a discretionary trust.

My daughter takes part in numerous programs offered at Semiahmoo House, including Personal Development and Rec & Leisure.  My daughter gets so much pleasure from the Rec & Leisure programs she takes part in and as these programs are not government funded.

Often, as parents, we are so focused on our child we tend to overlook supporting the agency that is supporting our child. Support can be provided by becoming a Semiahmoo House Society member, volunteering, and by donating. I feel the financial health of Semiahmoo House Society, the agency supporting my daughter, is important as I want Semiahmoo House Society to continue supporting my daughter long after I cannot.

–Parent of a child with a developmental disability

Semiahmoo House Society, a non-profit organization located in Surrey/White Rock, exists to provide quality services and supports to people with disabilities and their families in the community. 

The Semiahmoo Foundation, located in Surrey/White Rock, exists to fund, support and enhance the programs and services delivered by Semiahmoo House Society.

Leave a Reply