WELCOME to the PUBLIC CONSULTATION PROCESS*
*Note – this replaces the Public Information Meeting which cannot be held due to COVID-19
Proposed Development at 15100 Block 20th Avenue, Surrey BC (Application # 7919-0306-00)
UNITI (the partnership of Semiahmoo House Society, Peninsula Estates Housing Society, and The Semiahmoo Foundation), has applied to the City of Surrey to redevelop a portion of their property at 15100 Block 20th Avenue.
Key components of the application include:
- A Heritage Bylaw Amendment to realign a portion of the Semiahmoo Heritage Trail from the center of the site to the west side of 151A Street;
- A Subdivision to consolidate 2 lots;
- A Housing Agreement to secure the units as affordable rental housing;
- A Development Permit to allow a 6 storey apartment building with 91 affordable rental units; and
- A Development Variance Permit to vary the building height and number of vehicle parking spaces.
UNITI partner Peninsula Estates Housing Society is hosting a public consultation process to provide information on the proposal, receive comments, and answer questions. Here is an outline of the process:
- Step 1 – if you live close to the proposed project, you will now have received a mail out with an invitation to participate, additional project information and a feedback form. Please review this information.
- Step 2 – additional information is now posted on the UNITI website (https://uniti4all.com/peninsula-estates-housing-society/) This info includes videos, project information boards, an FAQ document (questions and answers) and the feedback form.
- Step 3 – please send any questions during the week of June 15-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 604 312-5835. The website will be updated with answers to these questions twice during the week in order to provide an opportunity for a dialogue about the proposal. The final updating of the FAQ document will be on June 20 so please send in all questions by 4:30pm on Friday, June 19.
- Step 4 – please provide feedback on the project using the Feedback Form button below, or by sending an email to email@example.com, or by dropping off the feedback form included in the mail out at UNITI’s office mailbox at 15306 24th Avenue, Surrey (south side of the building) by June 26.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Robin Petri from Catalyst Community Developments Society, who is working for UNITI, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604 312-5835.