Volunteers play an important role at Semiahmoo House Society. The increased service and support enhances the life experience of those served by our Society. Thanks to volunteers, more people have more friends, more opportunities and more happiness.
Volunteers donate their time for many reasons:
- To give something back to their community
- For enjoyment
- To gain valuable experience
- To share personal skills
Each volunteer brings a high level of commitment to his or her role and everyone benefits from that commitment.
Opportunities exist throughout Semiahmoo House Society for volunteers to lend a hand in many ways. In addition to fundraising and Board membership, you can volunteer in our services which include:
- Acquired Brain Injury Services
- North and South Campus
- Recreation and Leisure Services
- Residential Homes
- Foundation – Event planning and fundraising
How to Become a Volunteer
- Be prepared to make a minimum 6-month commitment to the Volunteer Program
- Call our volunteer bureau for the next general Semiahmoo House Society orientation date
- Complete an enrollment form, supplying personal and professional references. A criminal record search will be required
- Attend an interview, based on the availability of a suitable placement
For more information on the Semiahmoo House Society’s volunteer program, contact Michelle Tibbits by email at email@example.com.