PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY– The Acquired Brain Injury program provides a natural ‘home away from home’ environment, where supported individuals have access to assistance and guidance whenever possible; that builds self confidence and promotes personal growth. In this regard, we make efforts to ensure all of our interactions are person centered and dedicated to encouraging personal choice and direction.
We work from a holistic perspective ensuring the development of strategies are inclusive and considerate of all areas of each person’s life; i.e. individual health, education, vocation, community involvement, and spirituality/religion. Supported individuals are encouraged to build connections such as personal networks to build/enhance social skills development and inter-personal skills.
Other helpful resources:
- FraserHealth – Acquired Brain Injury and Concussion Services
- BrainStreams – Learning, Living, Sharing
- Leonard Cheshire Disability – Cheshire Homes Society of BC
- Brain Injury Canada – ABI Care Services in BC
- Vancouver Coastal Health – Acquired Brain Injury
- Fraser Valley Brain Injury Association
- Northern Brain Injury Association