Every year, members of the Self-Advocates of Semiahmoo lead a consultation with people we support and other stakeholders. With UNITI staff support, they check to ensure that we are actually achieving our Ends.
UNITI and Semiahmoo House Society (SHS) exist to support people who have disabilities to live lives of their choosing in their community.
The Chief Executive Officer has a responsibility to report to the Board of Directors each year on how the organization is doing in achieving the Board- created Ends of UNITI. UNITI, Semiahmoo House Society (SHS) and its employees are responsible for exploring the Ends Policies with the people they support in order to support people to have a good life of their choosing.
The best way to check-in and see how things are going in people’s lives… is to ask them, listen to them, and learn from them. UNITI aims:
- To check in and see if UNITI is working on its mission. We want UNITI to do a good job helping people to live good lives. We want UNITI to help make a difference in people’s lives.
- To listen to people and hear what they think.
- TO PROVE what we are striving to do and TO IMPROVE what we are doing. We want to discover what we need to pay attention to and what we need to work on.
- To strive to act on what we hear by:
- Celebrating what we are doing well so we can keep doing it – or enhance it.
- Figuring out what we can do better.
- Figuring out what we can do differently.
- Figuring out what we can change.
- Addressing recommendations made to UNITI.
- Striving to ensure UNITI services and supports are helping people to move towards living lives of their choosing based on the ENDS.
- Using the learning to inform the Organization’s Strategic Plan.
We work towards our ends so that people are living happy, healthy and safe lives in their communities.